- This event has passed.
Triple-C (Compassionate, Calm, Connection) Clinic
July 21, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$50.00 – $170.00
Hoofbeats Sanctuary is thrilled to be hosting Emma Bryant of Equality Equine Services for an amazing 1-day Triple-C (Compassionate, Calm, Connection) Clinic.
Emma will help you find that peaceful connection with your best mate (your horse) – which, in turn, will help your horse to relax back to their naturally calm state needed for optimal mind, body, and soul health.
Group and one on one individual problem solving will be covered.
Find a New You and way of being with your horse – through a peaceful connection that will affect/heal your heart and nervous system so profoundly that calmness will ripple through not just all aspects of your horsemanship but your life too. You will learn:
- how to centre yourself and show up fully centered for your horse
- how to become consciously aware of your horse’s emotions and body language
- how what you feel and what you do will impact/influence how your horse feels and behaves
- the building blocks of how to build trust, to ensure you both feel safe in any given moment.
These elements make for calm, clear, communication that builds the type of friendship-based connection we dreamed of when we were kids.
A few things Emma will cover:
Liberty Connection – this is all about getting centered and finding that place of calm that allows you to truly be there for your horse. Learn how Emma turned wild, afraid Brumbies into smoochy, relaxed horses. Beware: at nearly every clinic, a horse lays down for a snooze!
Groundwork Connection – finding connection on the halter.
Sore Horse Check – to ensure pain is not the cause of behaviour.
Strengthening & Balance – communicating on a halter, all saddled up, focusing on remaining relaxed while finding balance through correct engagement on circles from the ground (long reining optional)
How to Build a Brave Horse
Because this is a one-day clinic the main focus will be on connection, however Emma will offer everyone some individual time during which you can cover any area you’d like some help with. This will be a small group of a maximum of 10 participants.
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, muesli bars, cheese & biscuits and snacks available for a gold coin donation. Filtered water free
- Onsite bathrooms
- Stables available for $20 for the day
- Chairs available for fence sitters – please BYO your own chair if you need something soft and comfy.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & WAIVER
- Helmets are recommended.
- Indemnities for Emma need to be signed on arrival.
- Gates open at 8:30am – ample on site parking and float parking is available
By purchasing your tickets, you:
- confirm that you are aware of the obvious risks associated with activities involving horses and knowingly and freely assume all such risks for yourself and everyone in your party
- voluntarily participate at your own risk and assume sole responsibility for any injury, death, or property damage you, or someone else in your party, may suffer that arises from your participation in this event
- agree to follow the directions given to you and agree that any misconduct or refusal by you, or anyone in your party, to follow any direction can result in the CANCELLATION of your participation in the event and your immediate removal from the vicinity of any horse. You understand that any such non-compliance may result in injury, death and/or permanent disability and you agree to indemnify Hoofbeats Sanctuary (Kanyini Connections Ltd) against all claims made by any person as a result of your failure to comply
- for yourself and on behalf of your heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREE NOT TO sue Kanyini Connections Ltd, their volunteers and/or employees, other participants, landowners, lessors of premises WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH or LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.