A program for women recovering from trauma
This is a very special yoga program – held outdoors in the grounds of the sanctuary, surrounded by our beautiful herd of therapy horses.
Yoga has been shown to be effective in:
- reducing muscular tension and pain
- improving awareness of physical responses to internal and external stressors
- improving ability to control physical responses to internal and external stressors
- increasing feelings of interpersonal connection
- increasing self-confidence and self-esteem
- reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression
- improving emotional regulation
- reducing overall PTSD symptoms
This is a beginner level yoga program with a maximum class size of six students. All equipment is provided and light refreshments are served at the end of the class.
Applications are now open for Round 1 in 2022.
The program will be held at the sanctuary (26 Fellowship Drive, Doonan) at 9:30am every Monday morning from Jan 31 until Apr 4 (10 weeks in total). Scholarships are available this round for those with a current Health Care Card. The cost for other participants is $100 ($10 per class) payable in advance.
You can apply by completing this form.
This program and all scholarships have been made possible through grant funding from Queensland Community Foundation.