A 10-week program for women recovering from trauma
This is a very special yoga program – held outdoors in the grounds of the sanctuary, surrounded by our beautiful herd of therapy horses.
Yoga has been shown to be effective in:
- reducing muscular tension and pain
- improving awareness of physical responses to internal and external stressors
- improving ability to control physical responses to internal and external stressors
- increasing feelings of interpersonal connection
- increasing self-confidence and self-esteem
- reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression
- improving emotional regulation
- reducing overall PTSD symptoms
This is a beginner level yoga program with a maximum class size of six students. All equipment is provided and light refreshments are served at the end of the class.
The next round of the program will run for 10 consecutive weeks, every Monday morning 9:30am – 11:00am, October 4th – December 6th. Full and part-scholarships are available in this round for students with a current Health Care Card.
Click here to complete an online application form.
This program has been made possible through grant funding from Queensland Community Foundation.