- This event has passed.
Morning Tea with Mumma Pony – Sep 22nd
September 22, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree – $15.00
Morning Tea With Mumma Pony is a wonderful opportunity to share some special pony cuddle time with your loved ones – while supporting the sanctuary.
We have several outdoor tables of different sizes; catering for 2-12 people per table. (Please note that while we generally host a maximum of 12 people, if you have a group of more than 12 we may be able to organise an exclusive morning tea for you – please send us an email with your preferred date/s and the number of people in your group.)
You will enjoy a delicious Devonshire Tea including: home-made scones with butter, jam and cream, chilled water, and your choice of freshly brewed coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Lactose-free milk and gluten-free cake are available.
After finishing your scrumptious morning tea, our volunteers will bring our beautiful pony, Mumma, into the garden area for cuddles, kisses, and photos. Your ticket price also includes a bag of chaff to feed to Mumma if you would like to.
Whenever possible, we will bring one or two other ponies in for some cuddles too. All the other herd members, big and small, will be on the other side of the fence enjoying some hay so that you can meet them all and give them some pats over the fence.
This is an important fundraising activity for us, and we strive to make it as enjoyable as possible. If it is lightly raining, we will bring the tables in under our verandah area. If heavy rain or storms are forecast, we will reschedule your booking.
Adults: $15 Children (1-16yo): $10 Children under 1yo: Free (not served a separate meal)
Please note that all tickets must be pre-purchased – we cannot accommodate unexpected guests on the day of the event.
Please note that the sanctuary is situated on a council-owned facility and we are required to implement the council’s COVID-19 directives which are:
- all visitors to the sanctuary must provide their contact details by either checking-in using the QLD COVID app or by entering their details into our visitors’ book.
- all visitors to the sanctuary who are 12 years or over must wear face masks whenever there is a Queensland Government directive mandating the use of masks outdoors. If you have an exemption from wearing a mask, we ask that you defer booking a ticket until mask-wearing mandates are not in place.
The sanctuary is staffed by volunteers. It is a safe space for people and horses alike. We do all that we can to make it a peaceful place, free from all forms of pressure and conflict. If you have an issue with any of the COVID-19 restrictions that we are required to implement, PLEASE do not book a ticket until the restrictions are over. Our volunteers should not have to deal with the conflict that ensues when some customers refuse to comply – nor should their health be placed at risk to serve customers who are not wearing masks (even if they have a legitimate exemption). Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & WAIVER
Mumma is the most gentle and adorable pony that we have ever met. She has never kicked or bitten anyone or done anything else that may result in an injury. She just never becomes startled by anything. However, horses are, by nature, unpredictable and they move quickly and suddenly when startled. Just because Mumma has never been startled in the past, does not guarantee that she never will. Our volunteers will take every possible precaution to keep you and your loved ones safe but we cannot provide a 100% guarantee that a finger won’t get nibbled, a toe won’t get stood on or any other injury (minor or serious) won’t occur. Because of that, our insurer has asked that we add the below waiver conditions:
By purchasing your tickets, you:
- confirm that you are aware of the obvious risks associated with activities involving horses and knowingly and freely assume all such risks for yourself and everyone in your party
- voluntarily participate at your own risk and assume sole responsibility for any injury, death, or property damage you, or someone else in your party, may suffer that arises from your participation in this event
- agree to follow the directions given to you and agree that any misconduct or refusal by you, or anyone in your party, to follow any direction can result in the CANCELLATION of your participation in the event and your immediate removal from the vicinity of any horse. You understand that any such non-compliance may result in injury, death and/or permanent disability and you agree to indemnify Hoofbeats Sanctuary (Kanyini Connections Ltd) against all claims made by any person as a result of your failure to comply
- for yourself and on behalf of your heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREE NOT TO sue Kanyini Connections Ltd, their volunteers and/or employees, other participants, landowners, lessors of premises WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH or LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.